This creamy Tuscan chicken cooked in a crock-pot is full of flavors and therefore one of the easiest to prepare!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 – 8 skinless, boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper, flaked, optional
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups spinach (chopped, packaged)
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes (chopped)
- Heat oil or butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and gently fry until fragrant for nothing more than 1 minute.
- Add the cream and chicken broth. Bring to the simmer, reduce the heat and boil for around 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to cover the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season lightly with Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt and black pepper. Garnish with dried tomatoes.
- When the cream sauce is ready, lower heat and mix with Parmesan cheese, stirring gradually until smooth. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour cream sauce evenly over chicken feet in slow pan. Try to put as much sauce as possible on top of the chicken and less on the bottom.
- Cook for 3-4 hours at high temperature or 6-8 hours at low temperature. Once cooked, gently remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH, if not already done. Add the grated spinach and slightly mix for a couple of minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Return chicken to stove slowly and place liquid, spinach and dried tomatoes on top, or simply pour over chicken just before serving. Serve Tuscan chicken in slow cooking with zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice for keto and a low-carbohydrate diet, or rice, couscous or pasta for nonketos. Have fun!
Cooking garlic, cream, broth and parmesan cheese in a skillet ensures that the cream is well impregnated with garlic and stays soft. If you don’t want to prepare the cream sauce separately, you can put it all in the slow pan and stir it quickly before cooking.