This crispy oven-fried garlic parmesan chicken with is the only recipe you’ll need to make a crispy, oven-baked chicken! It has the BEST golden breadcrumb that sticks to chicken and has an intense flavour – better than KFC!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white flour
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Mix together the buttermilk and eggs in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, baking powder and seasoning.
- Place a dark roasting pan (a cooking plate also works) in the oven to heat it up.
- Soak the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, coating them evenly and shaking the remaining flour.
- Then coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixture. Then dip them again in the flour, this time coating them very well.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and melt the butter in it. Place the coated chicken pieces on the tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turn gently and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces). Finish by grilling the chicken until it turns golden and crispy.
Calories include the use of 2/3 of the crumb mixture, as I always have some leftovers.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and varies according to cooking methods and ingredient brands used.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 355mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1m
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 157mg