This Garlic Parmesan Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe is so easy to prepare, a recipe that will please the crowd and please the kids – the perfect recipe!
This oven fried chicken is a very simple recipe – if you follow some tips!
In short, here are my best tips for preparing the best oven/baked fried chicken, the mot delicious crispiest chicken available:
1. Follow the instructions for breading to the letter
How do you bread the chicken? It’s not just about dipping chicken pieces in flour! You really want the breadcrumbs to form a crust on the chicken, because that’s the best way to get really crispy oven-fried chicken!
Here’s how it works:
One bowl contains the egg and buttermilk, another one contains the flour, parmesan, breadcrumbs, baking powder and seasoning (and YES, you need a lot of seasoning – unless your salt is really strong, if that seems to be the case, you can actally use half of it).
Don’t mix them all in a bowl as a batter, as they just won’t stick to the chicken in the oven!
Then, he will dip the chicken pieces in the following order:
- First in dry ingredients,
- Then in the egg mixture,
- Then again in the dry ingredients!
This way, you get a thick layer that really coats the chicken – yummy.
2. Use a dark pan
This one is VERY important.
A dark pan reflects heat differently than a white or silver pan.
To get the perfect crunch, I found it crucial to use my black mold. I use a deep roasting pan to minimize butter splashes in my oven!
I also PREHEATED the pan before adding the chicken, so it is extra crispy!
3. Follow these steps for cooking:
Baking is important to obtain the cristiest and most golden chicken.
Whats the duration it actually takes to prepare breaded chicken in the oven? It takes about 20 minutes to bake breaded chicken breast strips in the oven.
Thicker pieces (such as drumsticks or bone-in thighs) take about 30 minutes. For safety, make sure that the internal temperature of your chicken is 165° Fahrenheit at the thickest part.
Turn the chicken over halfway through cooking and finish under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes to make a very crispy chicken.Print
This crispy oven-fried garlic parmesan chicken with is the only recipe you’ll need to make a crispy, oven-baked chicken! It has the BEST golden breadcrumb that sticks to chicken and has an intense flavour – better than KFC!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white flour
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds of chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Mix together the buttermilk and eggs in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, baking powder and seasoning.
- Place a dark roasting pan (a cooking plate also works) in the oven to heat it up.
- Soak the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, coating them evenly and shaking the remaining flour.
- Then coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixture. Then dip them again in the flour, this time coating them very well.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and melt the butter in it. Place the coated chicken pieces on the tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, turn gently and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces). Finish by grilling the chicken until it turns golden and crispy.
Calories include the use of 2/3 of the crumb mixture, as I always have some leftovers.
The nutritional information provided is an estimate and varies according to cooking methods and ingredient brands used.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 355mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1m
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 157mg