This recipe with five ingredients is very easy to prepare and is a really impressive and elegant aperitif. Spruce from the mayonnaise supermarket (or prepare it yourself) with some fresh lemon juice, a fresh garlic tooth and an extra special ingredient: saffron. Some specialty shops and selected grocery stores allow you to buy small amounts of spices, which is ideal for ingredients like saffron, as it is a more expensive spice and you don’t want an excess of aging in the pantry before you can use it.
- 2 pounds large prawns, peeled and cooked, chilled
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon slightly warm lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, add 1 tablespoon of hot lemon juice, 1 clove of spice, finely grated garlic and 1/8 tablespoon of saffron and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Then stir 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in 1 cup mayonnaise. Serve with frozen prawns.
Mayonnaise bought in the supermarket with some lemon juice, fresh garlic cloves and aromatic saffron. For an even faster starter or brunch, prepare the Alioli up to three days in advance.