These oatmeal cookies are nutritious, tasty and the perfect take-away breakfast for the busiest mornings! 1/2 cup dark chocolate flakes 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 1/3 cup white sugar 3/4 cup fast oats 1/2 cup packed cane sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 large egg 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate flakes
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup fast oats
- 1/2 cup packed cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). In a large bowl, beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until tender.
- Mix with egg and vanilla extract.
- At low speed, carefully add the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually mix with oatmeal and chocolate drops.
- Form dough into balls of 1 to 1.5 tablespoons. Place the balls at about 2 inches apart on your lined baking sheet. Don’t try to flatten the gnocchi, the dough spreads out during cooking. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until exhausted. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Have fun!
If cooling thicker cookie dough: After adding oatmeal, cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. When ready to cook, continue with step 4.